Granda Tradizioni – Nero di Seppia, Squid Ink – 500g 3
|italian durum wheat
|al dente cooking time
Recipe : Squid Ink Spaghetti with Prawns & Cherry Tomatoes – 30 minutes
The squid ink is what gives the pasta it’s gorgeous black color, it also gives it an amazing flavor. Squid ink pasta has a rich, briny flavor with the faint hint of sea saltiness, which makes it absolutely perfect for pairing with seafood.
- 250 grams squid ink Spaghetti
- 500g Prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (thinly sliced )
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 glass of white dry wine
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons (zested and juiced )
- Small bunch chopped parsley
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes, or until lightly gold colour and fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes, white wine, ¼ cup water and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened. Add the tomato paste. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Cook the Spaghetti to al dente, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, drain the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, add the shrimp to tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and half the reserved pasta cooking water to the skillet with the shrimp & tomatoes. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes, or until the pasta is coated in the sauce; season with salt and pepper to taste. (If the sauce seems dry, add in some of the reserved pasta cooking water to achieve your desired consistency.) Turn off the heat and stir in half the basil.
- Garnish with remaining basil and serve.